Faith In Action provides opportunities for our parish community to “embrace the poor, the suffering, and the lost,” to raise awareness about Catholic Social Teaching, and to lead the parish in responding appropriately to social injustices in our community and world.
Outreach programs include:
- October: Sock It to Poverty (to benefit local Title 1 Public Schools; school supplies, sweatpants, underwear, socks, etc),
- November: The Thanksgiving Good Drive (foods delivered to local Catholic parish food pantries),
- December: Christmas Adoption Outreach & Angel Giving Tree (benefit families living at poverty level or below whose children attend local Catholic schools; also immigrant families to our community, and a few families on Pine Ridge Indian Reservation),
- February: Soup-er Bowl Sunday Drive (for the Open Door Food Kitchen),
- June: What Can You Do for a Child Today? (easy-to-prepare foods for children out of school for the summer, distributed to local Catholic food pantries),
- July: Soles 4 Christ (provides shoes for local school-age children; administered through the local AFL-CIO),
- School Clothes Closets at the local Title 1 schools assisted by Sock it to Poverty (we help supply coats/shoes/clothing during school year as needs are made known to our parish),
- Weekly food delivery to local Catholic parish food pantries (food contributed weekly by parishioners),
- Emergency Assistance – handled daily by parish staff
- Buck of the Month Club – envelop found in monthly packets. Proceeds used to provide emergency assistance funds which are administered by the parish staff (for fuel, motel stays to prevent homelessness, gift cards to grocery stores, etc.),
- Open Door Food Kitchen – our parish provides meals at the Open Door Food Kitchen approximately 12 times per year (feeding approx.. 200-250 each time).
Kathy Powers, 232-2847